MEDtegrity Members Are Certified Green!
To reflect the exciting innovations of our industry and to remain at the forefront of progress in the 21st century, being eco-friendly and sustainable is more than just a trend; it’s a responsibility. MEDtegrity members are certified Clean Green, and that’s not just a label—it’s a commitment.
The Clean Green certification from the Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) is a testament to the dedication of businesses to ensuring a sustainable future. MEDtegrity members stand tall with their cutting-edge approaches.
Leading by Example with MEDtegrity
MEDtegrity members offer cutting-edge solutions to the daily challenges faced by healthcare providers. Our network includes HLAC-accredited uniform and linen supply giants that proudly operate commercial laundering facilities across the US each boasting state-of-the-art processing systems. It’s not just about delivering clean, crisp linens and stylish medical apparel; it’s about doing so in a manner that respects the planet.
“Laundries demonstrate their commitment to sustainability by earning Clean Green certification, reflecting their dedication to further reducing their carbon footprint and enhancing their environmental stewardship. To be designated Clean Green, they implement as many green best management practices (BMPs) as possible” (www.trsa.org).
How MEDtegrity Reduces Their Carbon Footprint
What does it mean to be certified Clean Green? At its core, it represents a relentless pursuit to evolve alongside improving technology to reduce our carbon footprint. We achieve this through:
- Energy Efficient Operations: By utilizing modern, energy-efficient equipment and technologies, MEDtegrity members consume less power and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Water Conservation: Recognizing that freshwater is a precious resource, efforts are constantly made to reduce water usage. This includes the implementation of advanced water recycling systems and the adoption of washing techniques that require less water.
Conserving Natural Resources
Beyond reducing. it’s also about reusing and recycling. MEDtegrity members are certified Clean Green because they:
- Reuse Resources: Instead of discarding items after a single use, practices are in place to ensure that materials, especially textiles, are used to their maximum potential, thereby conserving resources.
- Recycling Practices: Waste generation is minimized by recycling as much as possible. This reduces the need for new raw materials and ensures that fewer items end up in landfills.
- Natural Gas Consumption: Using advanced technologies and machinery, MEDtegrity members make sure that natural gas consumption is at a minimum without compromising on the quality of service.
Supporting a Greener Future
Sustainability is not just a buzzword; it’s a promise to future generations. With the Clean Green certification, MEDtegrity members embody the essence of responsible business practices that prioritize quality service and environmental conservation. Through continuous efforts in reducing, reusing, and recycling, MEDtegrity champions a brighter, greener future for all.
Take a look at some of our Clean Green-certified members:
- CleanCare – Pittsburgh, PA
- HandCraft Linen Supply – Richmond, VA
- Dempsey Uniform & Linen – Scranton, PA
- Unitex Healthcare Laundry Services – Elmsford, NY
- Economy Linen and Towel Service, Inc. – Dayton, OH
- Service Linen Supply | MediCleanse Medical Linen Service – Renton, WA
Leading the Charge in the Pursuit of Sustainability
Many of our members are accredited through the Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program, which is a “voluntary pollution prevention and resource conservation program that enables TRSA to facilitate the industry’s continued commitment to increasingly efficient use of natural resources. (www.trsa.org).
We are proud of our members for these accreditations. For more information about the Clean Green standard, click here.